This is a list of the 2007 State of Washington Horse Racing Commission employees and their job title and salaries. (2011, 57 multiple job employees (includes 2 duplicates) (2007, 10 employees) (2005, 9 employees) (2003, 30 employees) (2001, 34 employees) (1999, 33 employees) (1997, 50 employees) (1995, 32 employees)

The Washington Horse Racing Commission was created by the state Legislature in March of 1933. The Commission is required to license, regulate and supervise all horse racing in the state. The Commission is composed of five members appointed by the Governor. Members serve six-year terms and may serve more than one term. One member must be an active breeder of race horses in the state. In addition, four members of the Legislature are appointed ex-officio Commission members. These are non-voting members whose duties are to assist in the policymaking functions of the Commission, to collect data deemed essential to future legislative proposals and to exchange information with the Commission. Two of these ex-officio members are appointed by the President of the Senate, one from each party, and two are appointed by the Speaker of the House, also one from each party. Ex-officio members serve two-year terms and may be reappointed. The Commission appoints an Executive Secretary to act as Chief Operating Officer. The Executive Secretary is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Commission, implementation of policies and enforcement of Commission rules. The Commission employs approximately 30 individuals, most of whom are seasonal. The Commission has a main office in Olympia and maintains satellite offices during the racing season at Emerald Downs in Auburn, at Sun Downs in Kennewick, at Walla Walla Fair and Frontier Days in Walla Walla, at Dayton Days in Dayton and at Days of Real Sport in Waitsburg. Approximately 90 percent of the Commissionís annual revenues are generated from taxes on parimutuel wagering at the race tracks and at off-track betting sites. The remaining 10 percent comes primarily from licensing fees. The 2005-07 operating budget is approximately $5 million.
The above information is from the State Auditors (Audit Report Search) webpage

Back to the 2011 or 2009 or 2007 or 2005 or 2003 or 2001 or 1999 or 1997 or 1995 or State of Washington Employees Salaries List

The Washington State Office of Financial Management publishes state/college, name/jobtitle/salary information every 2 years. This information is from:

2007 State of Washington Horse Racing Commission List of Employees, Job Title and Salary

ET is Employee Type: 6 is faculty, 7 is non-faculty, 1 is classified by state merit rules, 2 is exempt from state merit rules
PU is Pay Unit: M is monthly, H is hourly, C is contracted, D is daily,
MP is months paid
%FT is percent of full-time

Name                                 Job Title        ET-PU  MP       %FT    Salary
BENTON, AMANDA E           MGMT ANALYST 1               1H    0       100     18.44
DEWEY, WILLIAM C           IT SPEC 4                    1M    0       100      5003
HOPKINS, DEBORAH J         MGMT ANALYST 1               1H    0       100     18.44
LEICHNER, ROBERT M         EXEC. SECRETARY              2M    0       100      7427
LOPEZ, ROBERT J            EMS BAND 3                   1M    0       100      6918
LYNN, THELMA L             MGMT ANALYST 1               1H    0       100     18.44
MOORE, DOUGLAS L           MGMT ANALYST 1               1H    0       100     18.44
PARMENTER, JODY            RACING OFFCL 1               1H    0       100     18.44
RODERICK, WALTER E         MGMT ANALYST 1               1H    0       100     18.44
SORBY, PATTY SUE           CONF. SECRETARY              2M    0       100      4013 
By clicking on the rainbow colored square icon, you can see information about the people who look at these webpages. These statistics report meters are free to anybody.

Clicking on the above picture will take you to a page about the webmaster.
In Nov 2002, the Wa St Court of Appeals, ruled that government employees names cannot be kept secret.
These webpages were uploaded for my amusement, but also for these reasons.
e-mail--- welcome